Saturday, July 23, 2005

Privacy,

Privacy seems to be an issue in today's world. Everyone always wanting more privacy. Teenagers wanting their own room for thier enormus drums, stoners voting to keep the government out of their stashes, and bad buisness men trying for accounting confidentiality.

I've been afraid of privacy. I know that if I keep something hidden, it will grow and destroy. But, I am still clinging on to something I don't really have. My mom starts reading my livejournal, which is mostly about problems I have with my family, and then someone reads something on this blog that I had hoped would never be reveiled to them in such a cold manner.

I don't want to have anything to hide. I want it all to be out in the open. Even if it means compromising my reputation. I don't want any closet corpses, or skeletal remains. Thats a tough one in my case. There's stuff that got me in serious trouble because I never 'mentioned it'. I've never not payed the consequences for this. Even in just feeling. I need out of that. Which is why I not only cannot do what I'm ashamed of, but I can no longer be censored.

I've always had a problem when people censor other people. Not like, preventing them from doing something that would offend someone else, like at a church, but when the government puts little stickers on CDs. Or when the NAA won't grant someone because of a slighly off color idea.
It's not right to say that someone can't say something when there are poeple who will listen. Communication is like society's wheel grease. I want to keep things spinning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home