Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Well, it's been no secret that my blog here is quite contriversial. I've bashed and insulted friends, underminded church leadership and even questioned political authority (*gasp* for shame!); but I would now like to take the ladder two items to an even further stretch.

I have been leading a friend of mine recently. She is a new christian and very involved. At worship night she found what Our Minister had to say, offensive. She felt that he had a bad additute about what he was saying; she felt that he was making fun of non-beleivers. I know that this wasn't exactly the case, and I know that few if any actually thought that. But it makes you wonder just how above reproach one has to be.. So far above that they are afraid to say anything? depending on your point of view... maybe. I am going to risk offending people in my next paragraph, only to shake things up.

If you are not leading at least 2 people, you aren't in my eyes a student leader. I'm trying to lead 5 different people, and have 2 people that need a heavy intervention. I know that there are some people who doing a great job leading others, but I know that there are afew of you who aren't. You don't need any training, just what the holy spirit gives you, and you don't need to look for opportunities, they will find you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home