Why do christians sin?
That is a question that plagues everyone to this day. Every minute that question is probably asked by christians and pagans alike. Even if there is no habitual sin, sin is sin. Some pastor might take more from the offertory plate than usual, and not mark it down later, some might lie on their time card or time stamp, and some might even plagurize without a second thought.
I think christians sin because of double mindedness. Wether it be wanting acceptance or to accept a pleasure/privalege they do not deserve, christians still sin because of eternal eniquities that we have still in the ability to sin.
When christians accuse others of sin, in confrontation or in love, it is hard for them to understand sometimes. It can seem like a mixed web of semantics and the person doing it, no matter how nicely, can come off as judgemental. It might even be "judgemental," Matthew 7, 1 through 6 clearly state that if you are guilty of the same sin that you confront someone else on, you are a Hypocrite. For many, that might be a convicting thought. Also, from personal experiance: If you are confronting someone on adultry, it's no help if you let them sleep together in your own home (haha). That is why if we are to be effective leaders as christians, we need to have as little sin as we can help, and it our job not to tolerate any sin in our lives. Also convicting words. But I beleive that it is even worth destroying sin in your own life simply for the confrontation of others. I once got on my sisters case for leaving her notbook and worksheet at a friends house, but she immeadiately came back and said that I had also been guilty. When you are guilty of the same sin, not only do you sound hypocritical, you sound insane. If I were to play the drums (hypothetically) and I told you never to play the drums- ever, would I sound crazier then usual? Perhaps, but don't use me as an example. I'm sure you can come up with your own examples, even from your own life. It's like teaching a class on a subject you don't even have an AA from another country in. It's retarded is what it is, so i guess that makes you a retard.
Anyway, retardedness aside, Never confront someone when you are guilty, esspecially of the same exact sin, but even if it is a different sin it is still cause for them to against your words and god's (if they are dumb that is). Not to say this response is just. It is not what others do, esspecially by modern philosphy, it is what you do, the world's ideas cause this principal to be more subjective, but we are seperate from the world to a large degree- in the philosphy department in particular. A humanist would say that no one ever has the right to judge (which is right!) or confront (which is wrong!), but we know that the two do not have to go together. Judging means to pass judgment. Keep in mind when you confront someone; you are no better, and no less capable of sinning. You are also not punishing, or making any decisions other than to make sure that person is aware, growing, and stopping.
Now, when someone is habitually sinning, does that mean they are not a christian? NOT YOUR JUDGMENT- God's, And Only God's can make that choice. However, it is from this fault that we have leverage with other christians. If Evan were to sin (yes, I am picking on Evan, but only because he won't get mad), say, kill the other execellent guitar players, I would tell him (hopefully) that "That's not a christian thing to do." Christians need to be MORE then not sinning; so sinning is unacceptable. If it disturbs your walk with God, my aunt Katie has a saying for this: "Don't DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it!" (you had to be there). If it is against Biblical principles (Principle before dogma is actually a good rule of thumb), I would insert that same phrase.
So yeah, thats my rant. Pretty much a whole sermoun right there I figure.
Peace
That is a question that plagues everyone to this day. Every minute that question is probably asked by christians and pagans alike. Even if there is no habitual sin, sin is sin. Some pastor might take more from the offertory plate than usual, and not mark it down later, some might lie on their time card or time stamp, and some might even plagurize without a second thought.
I think christians sin because of double mindedness. Wether it be wanting acceptance or to accept a pleasure/privalege they do not deserve, christians still sin because of eternal eniquities that we have still in the ability to sin.
When christians accuse others of sin, in confrontation or in love, it is hard for them to understand sometimes. It can seem like a mixed web of semantics and the person doing it, no matter how nicely, can come off as judgemental. It might even be "judgemental," Matthew 7, 1 through 6 clearly state that if you are guilty of the same sin that you confront someone else on, you are a Hypocrite. For many, that might be a convicting thought. Also, from personal experiance: If you are confronting someone on adultry, it's no help if you let them sleep together in your own home (haha). That is why if we are to be effective leaders as christians, we need to have as little sin as we can help, and it our job not to tolerate any sin in our lives. Also convicting words. But I beleive that it is even worth destroying sin in your own life simply for the confrontation of others. I once got on my sisters case for leaving her notbook and worksheet at a friends house, but she immeadiately came back and said that I had also been guilty. When you are guilty of the same sin, not only do you sound hypocritical, you sound insane. If I were to play the drums (hypothetically) and I told you never to play the drums- ever, would I sound crazier then usual? Perhaps, but don't use me as an example. I'm sure you can come up with your own examples, even from your own life. It's like teaching a class on a subject you don't even have an AA from another country in. It's retarded is what it is, so i guess that makes you a retard.
Anyway, retardedness aside, Never confront someone when you are guilty, esspecially of the same exact sin, but even if it is a different sin it is still cause for them to against your words and god's (if they are dumb that is). Not to say this response is just. It is not what others do, esspecially by modern philosphy, it is what you do, the world's ideas cause this principal to be more subjective, but we are seperate from the world to a large degree- in the philosphy department in particular. A humanist would say that no one ever has the right to judge (which is right!) or confront (which is wrong!), but we know that the two do not have to go together. Judging means to pass judgment. Keep in mind when you confront someone; you are no better, and no less capable of sinning. You are also not punishing, or making any decisions other than to make sure that person is aware, growing, and stopping.
Now, when someone is habitually sinning, does that mean they are not a christian? NOT YOUR JUDGMENT- God's, And Only God's can make that choice. However, it is from this fault that we have leverage with other christians. If Evan were to sin (yes, I am picking on Evan, but only because he won't get mad), say, kill the other execellent guitar players, I would tell him (hopefully) that "That's not a christian thing to do." Christians need to be MORE then not sinning; so sinning is unacceptable. If it disturbs your walk with God, my aunt Katie has a saying for this: "Don't DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it!" (you had to be there). If it is against Biblical principles (Principle before dogma is actually a good rule of thumb), I would insert that same phrase.
So yeah, thats my rant. Pretty much a whole sermoun right there I figure.
Peace

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home