Currently I am working on a Symphnony of 'epic' perportions.
For those of you who are ignorant (all you peeps!) a Symphony is a large scale peice for an orchestra. I have decided to expand upon the classical and conventional ideas of modern neo classic practice (sorry) and use modern instruments, modern orginizations, and some more unusual aspects of Music that is often overlooked.
A 'classical' Symphony is normally in 4 parts; an exposistion, a slow ballad like movement, a march/dancey type movement, and a grand-clique finale.
This Symphony is ordered quite differently;
Act I
~Intro (3minutes)
~Exposistion (15 minutes)
~Interlude/Concerto (20 minutes)
Act II
~Duet for Guitar and Cello (5 minutes)
~Exposistion II (15 minutes)
~Interlude (5 minutes)
~Aria for Baratone (5 minutes)
Act III
~Song for 8 voices (10 minutes)
~Poem (3 minutes)
~Finale (12 minutes)
This Symphony is using the same kind of musical distributions as an Opera, with the same musical and intellectual weight as a Symphony. Following? Good.
I am naming it the "King of Elves Symphony".
Yeah, thats right...
The first act is meant to reflect my feelings. At first it's sad, dry and tense, and then it's angry and rabbid... and then it is sad, slow and sorry.
The second is ''he who must not be named's'' feelings.. at least what i think they are. First it is disappointed, confused, and scared... then it is sad and horrified... tortured. Then it is angry, blasting, cursing.
Act III is about what I want. I want him back, and I want every thing to be good. I want him to be a repentive and growing chriistian and I want him to be happy. And most of all.. I want him to go to heaven....
I have most things drawn up already. I'll start working on it soon, after my move.
I do have to add... themusic is only beautiful because of my inspirations- God, Love & Ronnie.
For those of you who are ignorant (all you peeps!) a Symphony is a large scale peice for an orchestra. I have decided to expand upon the classical and conventional ideas of modern neo classic practice (sorry) and use modern instruments, modern orginizations, and some more unusual aspects of Music that is often overlooked.
A 'classical' Symphony is normally in 4 parts; an exposistion, a slow ballad like movement, a march/dancey type movement, and a grand-clique finale.
This Symphony is ordered quite differently;
Act I
~Intro (3minutes)
~Exposistion (15 minutes)
~Interlude/Concerto (20 minutes)
Act II
~Duet for Guitar and Cello (5 minutes)
~Exposistion II (15 minutes)
~Interlude (5 minutes)
~Aria for Baratone (5 minutes)
Act III
~Song for 8 voices (10 minutes)
~Poem (3 minutes)
~Finale (12 minutes)
This Symphony is using the same kind of musical distributions as an Opera, with the same musical and intellectual weight as a Symphony. Following? Good.
I am naming it the "King of Elves Symphony".
Yeah, thats right...
The first act is meant to reflect my feelings. At first it's sad, dry and tense, and then it's angry and rabbid... and then it is sad, slow and sorry.
The second is ''he who must not be named's'' feelings.. at least what i think they are. First it is disappointed, confused, and scared... then it is sad and horrified... tortured. Then it is angry, blasting, cursing.
Act III is about what I want. I want him back, and I want every thing to be good. I want him to be a repentive and growing chriistian and I want him to be happy. And most of all.. I want him to go to heaven....
I have most things drawn up already. I'll start working on it soon, after my move.
I do have to add... themusic is only beautiful because of my inspirations- God, Love & Ronnie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home