I realize it's been a really long time since I updated this thing
Well... here's the lowdown! I did well last quarter, and around christmas time my parents decided that because of our, um, "unique" finacial situation (we have no attachment to worldly riches- mainly cuz we have no money!) we are going to sell the house(merry christmas).
That was pretty whacked.
I finally found a girl that I really like, I really want to finish my junior college education (cheap, easy and fun! likehighschool, w/cigarettes!), my world had finally settled in and I just couldn't bring myself to move to bloody mexico with my crazy family. I decided that I'm 17 (well I guess time or God or something decided that part), out of high school, and ready to become a man. My grandparents and I agreed to move in together to make the rent, bills and food costs more barable for the three of us. The trick at this point was finding a place, moving my family, and arranging where to stay until we move. After the first week of this plan in motion I doubled back and had second thoughts on what I wanted to do. I start to feel like I should go with my mom and siblings, or work with/for my dad so we can save up money faster.
In January the youth group went on a winter retreat thing (which I totally ruined! I'm sorry!). Geoff, my good friend and fellow lover of abstract sounds, played an album called "( )" by Sigur Ros while we drove up to the cabin we would stay at. I had the priveledge of sitting next to Ronnie; the girl I was currently infatuated with and dating (still am too). The album was very emotional, ambient and sensitive, and while I was listening to it in the car with Ronnie in my arms I realized just how much I cared for her and how close God was drawing us to eachother. I realized how much our relationship ment, after all thats happened in the past year. I fell in love with her, is another way of putting it. I made the mistake of having... lets say, a fair bit of PDAing with her. I guess the reasons were I wasn't sure she felt the same way, and I hadn't been kissed in a long time. The thing that I regret regarding that scenario was not showing I love her by following the rules, and mixing my motives for selfish reasons.
But, I digress.
At that point I decided that I couldn't leave. Since January 28th I have been living with friends and relatives, and had to drop half of my school load in order to simply stay ontop of my self. It has been pretty hard; ontop of losing my job I've felt vulnerable and basically foundationless alot of the time. Though God takes care of that, when I am anxious or worried I let myself get emotionally carried away. On Monday we found the place we will move into (my grandparents and I) , though our move in date is April 1st. I am "living" at Geoff's house (sleeping is more like it) and that is going very well. God has given me much more patience and tolerance for other people~ either because of some spiritual realization or because I simply had to adapted to my surroundings. God will always give me a place to lay my head- I know that now.
love you all! (execept you, Paul Simpson! You and your illnesses *shakes head*)
Well... here's the lowdown! I did well last quarter, and around christmas time my parents decided that because of our, um, "unique" finacial situation (we have no attachment to worldly riches- mainly cuz we have no money!) we are going to sell the house(merry christmas).
That was pretty whacked.
I finally found a girl that I really like, I really want to finish my junior college education (cheap, easy and fun! likehighschool, w/cigarettes!), my world had finally settled in and I just couldn't bring myself to move to bloody mexico with my crazy family. I decided that I'm 17 (well I guess time or God or something decided that part), out of high school, and ready to become a man. My grandparents and I agreed to move in together to make the rent, bills and food costs more barable for the three of us. The trick at this point was finding a place, moving my family, and arranging where to stay until we move. After the first week of this plan in motion I doubled back and had second thoughts on what I wanted to do. I start to feel like I should go with my mom and siblings, or work with/for my dad so we can save up money faster.
In January the youth group went on a winter retreat thing (which I totally ruined! I'm sorry!). Geoff, my good friend and fellow lover of abstract sounds, played an album called "( )" by Sigur Ros while we drove up to the cabin we would stay at. I had the priveledge of sitting next to Ronnie; the girl I was currently infatuated with and dating (still am too). The album was very emotional, ambient and sensitive, and while I was listening to it in the car with Ronnie in my arms I realized just how much I cared for her and how close God was drawing us to eachother. I realized how much our relationship ment, after all thats happened in the past year. I fell in love with her, is another way of putting it. I made the mistake of having... lets say, a fair bit of PDAing with her. I guess the reasons were I wasn't sure she felt the same way, and I hadn't been kissed in a long time. The thing that I regret regarding that scenario was not showing I love her by following the rules, and mixing my motives for selfish reasons.
But, I digress.
At that point I decided that I couldn't leave. Since January 28th I have been living with friends and relatives, and had to drop half of my school load in order to simply stay ontop of my self. It has been pretty hard; ontop of losing my job I've felt vulnerable and basically foundationless alot of the time. Though God takes care of that, when I am anxious or worried I let myself get emotionally carried away. On Monday we found the place we will move into (my grandparents and I) , though our move in date is April 1st. I am "living" at Geoff's house (sleeping is more like it) and that is going very well. God has given me much more patience and tolerance for other people~ either because of some spiritual realization or because I simply had to adapted to my surroundings. God will always give me a place to lay my head- I know that now.
love you all! (execept you, Paul Simpson! You and your illnesses *shakes head*)

2 Comments:
SORRY!!! You know I had to take a break. I needed that rest for more than one reason. Glad to see ya, even if only for one day.
FINE, BUT you and I areso hanging out when your in for summer!:-P and I'll make John come too, possibly.
Post a Comment
<< Home